Saturday, 4 August 2012


I haven't posted for awhile as I have been sick, back to study and have spent a week in Sydney for work and have struggled to do much sewing. Hopefully, I get the chance to do more in the next month. I have a few projects that need to be finished.

So many of my friends are pregnant at the moment. So I thought I would have a go at making some bibs and hopefully will have mastered the perfect bib by the time everyone has their babies. It was so much fun buying all the cute little baby prints and it was quite hard to stop with one or two prints so i bought six...

I was able to find a site that has heaps of different patterns that are free to download, see here. People are so generous sharing their great patterns. I really liked the Liberty Baby Bib pattern by Purlbee and so downloaded it. The bibs have been backed with terry towelling. I went to some of the big chain stores and was surprised to find that there is not a large range of terry towelling around and it only came in white. Also all the samples found where very thin. In the end I bought some large thick and fluffy bath towels from Kmart, which seemed better quality and much cheaper. I need to finish the bibs with some Velcro to make them easy to get on and off. Below are my attempts.

I love the giraffes on this print. So cute! Although it might be considered a bit girlie for a boy. I had tried to buy neutral prints, as I am not sure what everyone is having. I think that I succeeded a bit more with the print below.

I am not overly impressed with my top stitching on the zoo baby print. It's very wonky, so I didn't bother top stitching the other two bibs. I also think this print is a bit more boyish.

On the whole I am pretty happy with the results! Hopefully the people that receive these bibs are too! So grateful to PurlBee for their great pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment